Tuesday, November 9, 2010

None of your beeswax!

"I'm sorry I have to leave the party early. I have to go shopping for beeswax for my goat rope."

The looks I got were hilarious. Jaws dropped. Heads cocked. Eyebrows furrowed. The ladies gathered closer. "Did you say… goat rope?"

That's right. Beeswax makes your goat rope sticky. And sticky means that that damn horned farm beast will be less likely to kick it off at Saturday's big rodeo! I need the win. Badly.

I went to Beverly's at 8 o'clock last night to shop for beeswax. The first two people weren't very successful in helping me find it; they said they didn't carry it anymore. Luckily, I asked the cashier about it on my way out and he steered me in the right direction. He got a kick out of it too when he found out I wasn't using it for sewing or candlemaking. "No sir, it's for goat tying!"

I came home and stretched my goat ropes back and forth over the beeswax, forming a small groove in the block of wax. Roland just chuckled as he watched tv. "My wife has lost it," he muttered.

"Oh yeah? That's none of your beeswax!"

3 comments:

  1. Apparently it is my business. You know, since you wrote a blog about it AND posted it on Facebook.
    Good luck BFF!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks BFF! I was beginning to wonder if anyone was reading this, you know, sort of like the movie "Julie and Julia"!!

    ReplyDelete