Sunday, November 7, 2010

Down the Home Stretch

The rodeo is a week away. My heart beats faster just thinking about it. The hours are ticking by.

I rode yesterday, though I could tell Ally was not happy about it. It was almost her dinnertime, so I kept the workout light and fun, mostly working on transitions rather than making any tight turns or anything. She had a pretty good run at the poles, so I galloped her down the home stretch and called it a night.

I came home and watched my goat tying video again, pausing and rewinding and slow-mo-ing the good and bad runs, analyzing each step. Ughhhh.

And I strategized. I emailed Peaches asking her if I can go last in the lineup. That way I can analyze the mule lady's every run and gauge my runs as needed after she goes.

And then I went to bed. But I stayed wide awake for four hours, the anxiety of the "home stretch" winding in and out of my brain like a can of worms.

No comments:

Post a Comment